Monday, March 2, 2015

Wonder HW Assignment - March 2, 2015



August’s English teacher, Mr. Browne writes the following precept on the board:
WHEN GIVEN THE CHOICE BETWEEN BEING RIGHT OR BEING KIND, CHOOSE KIND.
1). In your own words, describe what this precept means to you. 
2). Give an example of when you might have to choose between being right and being kind. 
3). Do you agree that it is more important to choose kind over being right? Why or why not?


Finn's class- please comment below.

19 comments:

  1. Miss Finn's example comment. I carefully read the questions and made sure to answer all three questions in a thoughtful manner. I spent time thinking about my response and have posted it to share with my classmates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. at a camp I saw a girl crying and asked what for she said that some one didnt like Mylie Cyrus instead of saying dont over exadrate I said its ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It important to choose kind over alot of things

      Delete
  3. it mean regulation and that means rules and guide lines

    ReplyDelete
  4. This means to me that if you choose kind you can overcome your hard parts of your life an focus on the good things.

    when my friends disagree with me about something instead of saying " Thats your opinion." an walking away I say, " Guys lets stop arguing and go play over there. " and we go play over there.

    I choose kind instead of right because if you choose right you don't only make someone else sad but you make yourself sad too.

    Writen by Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precept means idea, quote or saying. One example of choosing kind or being right was when I was in preschool there was a kid that kicked me in the knee, he was not really my friend. It was not his idea to kick me, so I chose being kind over being right, so I didn't tell on him. I agree that being kind is more important because you do not want to lose a friend if you are being right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Choose kind over being right because when you try to be right it might make people not want to hang around you and when you choose to be kind the person you are being kind to will appreciate your good deed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precept means to me quotes, sayings, or important rules. One example is, if someone accidentally hurt you wouldn't make a big deal about and just forgive them. I do agree that you should choose kind over right, so you don't hurt their feelings. Being right comes after being kind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This precept means that it is usually better to choose kind over being right to me. Maybe a situation where you would have to choose between the two would be in a sports game. ( I think ). I do agree that choosing kind is more important because would you rather have someone sad or hurt by you because you tried to be right or would you have everybody be happy because you were the one to be kind to fellow friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This precept most likely means even though honesty is great in some cases choosing kind is right. An example is: if someone isn't good at something and you know that to not let it out and tell them they aren't good at that something. I agree it is right to choose kind over right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what it means to me is to be kind in stead of being a jerk and saying what ever comes into your mind. a time this could happen is when something bad happened to somebody instead of the teacher getting mad she would be fine with it. it is better to be kind because if your always right people will think your a know it all and wont want to hang out with you

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it means its better to be nice than to be a no it all. One time when my brother was learning how to spell my brother spelled a word wrong and I chose to let it go. I agree because if you choose to be right over kind your kind of being rude

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it means to be kind and happy and everyone around you will be kind too. An example of this is where my little brother shattered a painting and I didn't turn him in. I agree its better to be kind than right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you should always try be to kind over right. You can still be right but do it in a nice way or not at all. For example: My grandpa is a little spacey, old and blind. Sometimes he thinks he is positive about something and we know that he is wrong, so we just go with it and he is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you should be kind because it is the right thing to be :) An example is one time my sister tripped me on accident. I did not yell at her because I knew that was an accident. #BEKIND

    ReplyDelete
  15. What that precept meant to me is that when you get delayed and it isn't your fault, and you can't do something required, the person in charge of the thing decides to just forget about it, instead of punishing them for not doing the required to do. I agree with that precept, because sometimes, the person has such a genuine excuse that they couldn't do the required work so you have to chose to be kind instead of right.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Precept means to me choose kindness over right whenever you get the chance. For example, I got hit in the face with a football by someone but I knew it was an accident. I have to agree with choosing kindness over right when you get the chance because if they were in an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Precept means to choose kindness instead of being right because if you act right, you're just trying to act like the sagar test one. If you are kind, it's more likely you will have more friends

    ReplyDelete